Today is my 30th birthday!
I'm grateful for:
- Parents who are loving, supportive, and committed to education.
- The lessons I continue to learn from my confident, feminist Mom and my active, outdoorsy Dad.
- A smart and sweet brother who is one of my best friends.
- Nick, for sharing adventures with me and always being excited to learn something new.
- Friends, old and new, who bring joy to my days. Especially the brilliant and gifted-advice-giver Eileen.
- My health, mobility, and energy.
- How fortunate I have been to see so much of the world and meet so many amazing people.
Things that are making me happy: -Being a student again. -Fall bike rides with fellow library school students. -This song that I have been listening to all morning. -Seeing bylines and photo credits for dear friends in fancy publications. -Ordering a pretty dress that I've had my eye on. -Apples and tawny port -Visiting Detroit and seeing the Smashing Pumpkins in a few weeks (Thanks Nick!) -Learning more about my camera in my photography class. -Excuses to buy new books. -Perfect running weather. -Feeling healthier than I did at 25.
I'm a lucky lady. I'll be back with a recipe soon. Cheers!